Bolton Stop Smoking Service
The Stop Smoking Service in Bolton has been offering high quality quit smoking advice to the population of Bolton since 1999 and have helped thousands of local people quit the habit. Around 23% of our local population are smokers, which is higher than much of the country. This makes it critical to have locally based and easily accessible advice to support the quitter in making the steps to becoming smoke free and remaining smoke free for life. The service is delivered in a mix of drop in sessions and appointments across Bolton with some sessions outside traditional working hours.
Anyone who lives in Bolton and is registered with a Bolton GP Practice can self refer into the service.
Appointment Only Sessions
All initial enquiries about the service are directed through their administration team, who are multi-lingual and hold the NHS Smoking Cessation Training School certificate in helping smokers to quit. We do have a new appointment only session for patients registered at Halliwell Surgery only on Thursday afternoons/evening between 4.00 to 6.00pm. Please contact 01204 462345 to arrange an appointment.
There a number of other sessions held at different Health Centres and the Bolton Stop Smoking Service will advise you of these.
Drop In Sessions
If it is your first visit, please arrive at start time. These sessions will run continuously excluding Bank Holidays.
- Monday - Crompton Health Centre, Crompton Way, Bolton BL1 8UP 12:00pm - 1:00pm, Tonge Moor Health Centre, Thicketford Road, BL2 2LW 2.30pm – 3:30pm
- Tuesday - Breightmet Health Centre, Breightmet Fold Lane, BL2 6NT 5.00 pm - 7.00 pm
- Wednesday - Bolton One, Moor Lane, Bolton, BL3 5BN 11:30pm – 1:30pm, Oxford Grove Children’s Centre Oxford Grove, BL1 3BH 2:00pm – 3:00pm, Jones Street Clinic, Jones Street, Horwich, BL6 7AJ 4.30pm – 5:30pm
- Thursday - Breightmet Health Centre, Breightmet Fold Lane, BL2 6NT 10.00am – 11:00am, Farnworth Health Centre, Frederick Street, Farnworth, BL4 9AL 12:00 noon - 2:00pm, Waters Meeting Health Centre Blackburn Road BL1 8TT 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Friday - Bolton One, Moor Lane, Bolton, BL3 5BN 10:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday Lever Chambers Centre For Health, Ashburner Street, Bolton, BL1 1SQ 9:30am - 11:30am