The NHS COVID-19 Vaccination Programme - Bolton
Message from Bolton Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- The vaccination might not be delivered by your local GP surgery but at another location
- When it is the right time for you, you will receive an invitation to come forward and told where to go and what to do
- This will be in the form of a phone call, text message or letter, either from your GP or the national NHS.
- Please do not contact your practice or other NHS service to get a Covid vaccination appointment – we will contact you when the time is right
- Information on the vaccine is available on the NHS.UK website
Vaccinations are being delivered according to priority groups identified by the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). The vaccinations may not take place at your GP practice, but instead at a local vaccination service (led by GPs, practice nurses and community pharmacists) who are responsible for delivering the vaccine to people in your community.
When it is the right time for you to receive your vaccination, you will receive an invitation to come forward. This may be via the phone, or through a letter either from your GP or the national booking system.
We know lots of people will be eager to get protected but we are asking people not to contact us to get an appointment as you will not be able to get one until you are contacted.
COVID19 VACCINATION RECORD
The GP surgery cannot provide letters showing your COVID19 vaccination record. Please do not contact the GP surgery to request this. You can get a copy of this on the NHS App. Please click on the link for more information - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-status-when-travelling-abroad?fbclid=IwAR3hyALflxv1E23La5WJBabvZV7t0KBqxBKOCnxuxr2RzbU_ywUNwuX0UsM