The practice had a CQC inspection on 20 September 2016. Our overall rating was GOOD. Please click on the below link to see the report.
Halliwell Surgery 3 Final CQC Report Sep 2016
Overall Ratings Report Sep 2016
CQC Summary Report Sep 2016
CQC Detailed Report 2016
Our practice is inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to ensure we are meeting essential standards of quality and safety.
Statement of Purpose
- To provide the best possible care and quality of service for our patients
- To provide a confidential and safe environment through effective collaboration and teamwork.
- To show all patients courtesy and respect at all times. To show understanding of culture; ethnic origin; religious belief; personal attributes and the nature of their health problems.
- To involve our patients in decision making about their treatment.
- To promote healthy living through education; screening availability and information leaflets and on-screen information within the surgery.
- To hold multi-disciplinary team meetings with nurses; Macmillan teams; Integrated community care teams and health visitors.
- To provide an area of education for students and training doctors
- To encourage our patients to get involved with the Practice decisions using the annual survey; PPG and Friends and Family results.
- To ensure that the team is upskilled and has the correct training to carry out their duties.
- To hold regular team meetings to discuss significant events; new procedures, audits and discuss any worries or concerns.
- To provide safe and effective care for our patients.
- To support patients through continuity of care; local guidelines; accurate record keeping; named GP and care planning.
- To ensure that our practice and services are governed and commissioned in a way to suit their needs.
- To ensure that the practice is compliant with relevant legislation and policy relevant to maintaining trust and confidentiality.
- To provide high quality medicines management.
- To aid in research.
- Learning and continual professional development is the ethos of the surgery. We strive to improve the ways we work and learn lessons from everything that we do.